Monday, January 23, 2006

Perfect Moments

I have had some truly perfect moments in my life. Here are some:

January 1, 1989 approx 2am
I was 19 and I was out celebrating on New Year's Eve. I came home and told my mother that I was gay. I cried some and she held me and told me that she loved me no matter what and always would. I felt truly safe.

November, 1998 approx 9pm
We had just come back from a ride picking up furniture. Phil Collins was on the radio singing True Colors and my soon to be secret lover professed a love for me and then we kissed and it was heaven. I felt truly safe.

April 12, 2001 approx 2am
I didn't start out driving, but circumstances occurred and I found myself behind the wheel. The Jeep flipped, I was arrested, and my lover limped home. I got a ride home from the police station a couple hours later, picked the glass out of my skull, and asked for a ride to his house since he didn't answer the phone (he was passed out). No one would take me until I threatened to walk. I woke his entire household banging on the door until someone answered. I had to see him. I had to know he was all right. He held me while I slept. I felt truly safe.

January 22, 2006
I had a dinner party last night. My babies (god children) were there. I held them all, one at a time. Kissing and hugging each perfect one........turning my head so nobody saw me get misty eyed. My life had never been so happy....and couldn't ever possibly be better. I've never felt so safe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lady St. Claire said...

Great and beautiful moments for such a wonderful person. Don't ever forget the good no mateer how much bad you gotta sort thru to get to it.

10:55 PM  
Blogger sid said...

you, know, mikey, on our way home, bill and i talked about how much we enjoyed ourselves and what a great person you, and your friends, are. we had so much fun, and we felt included and welcome, we felt like we belonged there. i guess, in a way, we felt "safe" too. it was a wonderful dinner and a lovely evening, and the birthday cake was such a nice suprise! thank you so much. we are 2 years away from doing it, but when it comes time to buy a house, bill has even decided to include akron in our search, when he previously insisted on staying within the cuyahoga county area.
when i asked about the change of heart, his reply? " i think i'd like to live closer to that group, those are good people"
i love you, mikey. i appreciate our history and i look forward to a future that includes you!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Liam said...

Are you going to update anytime soon....

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lady St. Claire said...

Honey,

In response to your comment on my page, I hope that no matter what the circumstance is, you can always tell me the truth. You could tell me anything and it would not (could not ) ever change the way I feel about you. I might think yo ass is a stank hoe but I'd love you anyway.
Oh by the way...if you did put your mouth on it while I was drunk, you need to do it again so I can remember. POST SOMETHING WITH YOUR SORRY ASS! I KNOW YOU AND YOU ALWAYS GOT SOMETHING TO SAY! GET BUSY.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Liam said...

If you don't update soon I may remove your bookmark...

Arrrghhhh!!!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home