Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Perchance To Dream

Here I am holding in my arms the strongest person I know. Suddenly it’s me holding the quivering body and pressing my lips to a tear streaked face. "Everything’s gonna be all right," I say……and in that moment I know it’s the truth. I see a side that I haven’t seen before……this normally strong and proud individual is letting me see the fear and pain that lie hidden inside. No one has ever held this one the way I am……normally my protector…..normally my rock…….now more human….how special I must be to see this…….to hold this……to love this……..we lie stomach to back……my arms wrapped around arms that usually carry me…….that usually soothe me……..kissing the back of a sweet smelling neck……I begin to realize that I would give up my life to save the one in my arms…..that I will never allow anything to harm this……my love…my little bird………

Sigh…………why do memories always come back in dreams?

1 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Where but in our dreams can the memories play out for us? My own dreams have quite the large choice of memories to show me...and distort as my mind sees fit.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home